Thursday, February 6, 2014

Urologist Appointment

I can tell that people were praying for our appointment with the urologist yesterday. Lydia has had a cold and was fussy all day. Yet she was PERFECT for the whole appointment- happy and charming the nurses and techs. Lydia had another ultrasound of her bladder and kidneys. Her first scan when we were still in the hospital showed that her kidneys were small and her bladder was very large. Her ultrasound yesterday showed that her kidneys have caught up and are now an appropriate size. We are thrilled with this news. Thank you for praying. God is at work and He is good!  



We still don't know what type of issues she'll have with her bladder yet. The urologist is having us wait until May to do a test that will measure the pressure in her bladder. Too much pressure in her bladder would cause urine to back up into her kidneys. However if her bladder can't handle too much pressure then she would be leaking urine.  I don't really want her to deal with either issue! But I can't worry about things we don't know yet. So for now I will be happy with our good news, enjoy my precious daughter, and refuse to worry about the future.  God will help us be ready for whatever we have to deal with when the time comes.  Now is not that time!

Bath Time!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Baby Lydia - we are so happy and thankful to your Heavenly Father for great news on your progress. Truly The Lord has laid His hand upon you! And You are so right Amy - bask in the treasure she is every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! This is your cousin Elizabeth Brown! I can't tell you how thankful I am to your mother for sending me the info for your blog. Baby Lydia is just beautiful. I am sending so much love to you and your family. I hope that we are able to see each other next month when you are able to travel. Can't wait to see you and kiss sweet Lydia. My baby Leila (five months today!) wants to meet her little cousin!

    ReplyDelete