Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year 2016!

Happy New Year!

 


This was us on new year's day two years ago. I was finally getting to hold my baby for the first time. It was AMAZING - and terrifying all at the same time.There was so much uncertainty about the days ahead. The more I tried to read to educate myself, the more the unsettling questions bouncing around my mind increased. Would she be able to... how would we handle...  I felt completely unprepared for all that this precious bundle was bringing my way...

 

NOW we have a beautiful, crazy, funny, inquisitive, sweet, and very strong-willed two year old. We are so so grateful for how far we have come in our journey these past two years. We haven't always liked the answers to the questions we asked two years ago. But God gives us grace for every step forward - even if we don't see it right away. 

 

Lydia experiences a full range of emotions every day - and causes her mama to do the same. One minute she is showering me with hugs and kisses because she gets to have raspberries for breakfast, and the next minute she is face down on the floor wailing because I put them on the plate wrong. There is NEVER a dull moment when Lydia is in the room. She makes us laugh a lot - and she seems quite proud of herself for doing so. We are currently working very had on learning to obey. There is a little song we have been working on about obedience that starts out, "O-B-E-Y, obey your mom and dad." Last week she climbed on top of a speaker next to the TV ( a definite no-no) and proceeded to shake her booty while loudly singing, "O-B-E-Y, mom and dad!" What's a mom to do? It was hard work to hold in my laughter while I put her on time out! She can run quite fast and climb onto just about anything. So basically nothing in the house is safe unless it's locked or on top of the fridge. I have to remind myself almost daily, as I am chasing her around and cleaning up messes, just how incredibly thankful I am that her little legs work! Her strong will and sass is beautifully balanced with a sweet side. Lately she has been rubbing my back and telling me, "good girl, mommy." She is quick to say thank you for just about everything. My greatest joy these past two weeks has been watching her enthusiasm for praying. She even lined up her toys and prayed with them! She really is a lot of fun. We love her so so much and can't wait to see what the coming year brings in her little life!



P.S. For those who are inclined to pray for Lydia... She has another UTI. We've had 3 blissful months of being infection free, so it's frustrating to have this creep up again. We spent the first part of her birthday taking her to a clinic to get tested and a good part of this morning trying to get an antibiotic prescription filled. Lydia hasn't been feeling great and having lots of trouble sleeping. Hopefully things will start to turn around now that she is on meds. We are so thankful to live in a place where we have access to the care our girl needs!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your family. Lydia is a precious little girl and very lucky to have such a wonderful mom. Keep up the good work and just from my experience with a toddler it gets better as there personalities grow, the fits get more intense thought :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy! You inspire me girl. Love reading your posts and hope you always find a moment to write between chasing your two darlings.

    ReplyDelete